Stories of the Vikings: Creation, Destruction, Magic ... and an awful lot of giants along the way
Time & Location
About the Event
About the show...
Stories from the Norse: legends of the Viking Gods and monsters ... and an awful lot of giants along the way.
"Jason transported us back in time, bringing gods and giants to life, effortlessly. If you get a chance to hear him book a ticket, you won't be disappointed, it was a magical evening." SC, Winchester.
- The Creation … of everything
- The building of Asgard’s walls and the birth of Odin’s eight-legged horse Sleipnir
- Loki’s monstrous children and the binding of the great wolf Fenris
- The treasures of the Gods, and the forging of Thor’s hammer, Mjolnir
- The theft of Mjolnir, and Thor is disguised as a bride
- The Death of the bright God Baldur and the imprisonment of Loki
- Ragnarök … the end of all things
Ages: Adults and families (9+)
Jason has been a performer most of his adult life, including gurning, comedy and sword swallowing, but his passion lies in stories - there's nothing like getting lost in a story, the pictures in your head are better than film. Jason has written and illustrated five collections of his own stories, and won prizes in storytelling competitionsDrawing on traditional favourites and introducing new ideas, Jason's stories are told in the oldest and best ways – as live performances, for modern audiences and he has performed across the UK and mainland Europe, blending traditional and contemporary motifs, vocal sound effects and pure, unadulterated fantasy.
"Jason Buck is a man made of myth, magic and mead. His stories are filled with adventure, his beard is full of unexpected twists and his tankard filled with a poet's brew. Sit around the fire and listen to his tales - you won't be disappointed", Abbie (Sussex)
- Stories of the Vikings£7.50+£0.19 Service fee£7.50+£0.19 Service feeSold Out